Becoming a Certified JET Method Stringer
There are very distinct performance advantages when using the JET Method of stringing to install L-TEC Premium strings. The advantages will be immediately recognized by players whose stringers are using this method. While it takes hundreds of frames and a great deal of focus and dedication to reach the most advanced levels of consistency, it is possible to become skilled and consistent after several months of intense practice.
For stringers wishing to become certified in the method, they will be tested for consistency in obtaining targeted results. Stringers hoping to achieve certification will be required to string 4 frames in the presence of a Certified JET Stringer. They will need to string so the end results on each of the four frames meet the following criteria:
1. Center 12 main strings show an identical tension from string to string when measured using a String Meter
2. The difference in tension between the center 10 mains and center 10 crosses will be 20% - 25%. (Measured using a String Meter)
3. When a midplus racquet with 16 mains is strung the overall stringbed tension will measure 3 pounds higher than the set reference tension. (Measured using a String-a-lyzer.)
4. When a midplus racquet with 18 mains is strung the overall stringbed tension will measure 5 pounds higher than the set reference tension. (Measured using a String-a-lyzer.)
- The frames used for testing will consist of a midsize (95 sq in) with 16 mains, a midplus (100 sq in) with 16 mains as well as a midplus (100 sq in) with 18 mains. The 4th racquet will be an oversize (107+ in.) with either a 16 main or 18 main pattern based on the discretion of the tester.
- The tester will instruct the stringer on the targeted tension for each frame after it is mounted as well as the combination of L-TEC strings to be used.
- The stringer must use the formal JET Method of stringing during the testing period, no adaptations.
- Whenever possible testing should be arranged to be conducted in person. During the period of getting certified stringers into place there will be some options to be tested and observed via a live online feed.